Use Add Exceptions to specify exception pages in your print job. Exception pages have different settings from the rest of the pages in the job. You can specify differences such as page size, page type, and page color. You can also change the side of the paper on which to print as your job requires. A print job can contain multiple exceptions.
To add an exception page:
- Click Document Options > Special Pages > Add Exceptions.
- For Page(s), specify the page or pages to which the exception applies. Separate individual pages or page ranges with commas. Specify pages within a range with a hyphen. For example, to specify pages 1, 6, 9, 10, and 11, type 1,6,9-11.
- The Paper summary shows the selected paper attributes. Click the arrow to the right of the summary to select the size, color, type, or Use Job Setting.
- To change the paper sides on which to print, under 2-Sided Printing, select an option:
- Use Job Setting prints the job using the attributes shown in the Job Settings box.
- 1-Sided Print prints the exception pages on one side only.
- 2-Sided Print prints the exception pages on both sides of the paper and flips the pages on the long edge. The job then can be bound on the long edge of the pages.
- 2-Sided Print, Flip on Short Edge prints the exception pages on both sides of the paper and flips the pages on the short edge. The job then can be bound on the short edge of the pages.
- To shift the image on the paper, select Image Shift.
- Click OK.
Selections appear in the Special Pages summary table.