Use Exceptions to specify exception pages in your print job. Exception pages have different settings from the rest of the pages in the job. You can specify differences such as page size, page type, and page color. You can change the side of the paper on which to print, as your job requires. A print job can contain multiple exceptions.
To add an exception page:
- Click Add Exceptions.
- For Pages, type the page numbers to which the exception applies.
- Separate individual pages or page ranges with commas. Specify pages within a range with a hyphen. For example, to specify pages 1, 6, 9, 10, and 11, type 1,6,9-11.
- For Paper Settings, select the Other Size, Other Color and Other Type options to choose the paper required for the inserts. The Paper Settings summary shows the selected paper attributes. For details, refer to Paper.
- To change the paper sides on which to print, for 2-Sided Printing, select an option.
- Use Job Setting: This option prints the job using the same 2-Sided Printing attributes as the main body of the job.
- 1-Sided Print: This option prints the exception pages on one side only.
- 2-Sided Print: This option prints the exception pages on both sides of the paper and flips the pages on the long edge. The job then can be bound on the long edge of the pages.
- 2-Sided Print, Flip on Short Edge: This option prints the exception pages on both sides of the paper and flips the pages on the short edge. The job then can be bound on the short edge of the pages.
- To modify the location of the image on the page, for Image Shift, select an option.
- Use Job Setting: This option prints the job using the same Image Shift attributes as the main body of the job.
- Off: With this Image Shift is switched off.
- On (Setup) Use this option to enable Image Shift and choose the shift options required.
- Click OK.