Authentication and Access Control
Authentication options are compatible with a wide range of industry-standard secure readers and cards. Chose card, cardless, or even mobile device-based authentication using NFC, the Xerox® Print Portal App and a QR code to unlock devices. Use essential print rules to take control of costs and restrict access to devices/features at the user/group level.
Single sign-on (SSO) capability to any SSO enabled service on your printer — such as cloud connector apps and more. Conveniently authenticate at the printer once with your card badge, mobile device or credentials and then securely access all your MFP SSO enabled apps without having to perform any additional, time consuming log-in steps.
Make printing from mobile devices flexible and easy. Send print jobs from Windows OS devices, Google Chromebooks, Mac OS, Linux, and mobile app printing for iOS, Android and Windows Surface tablets. With a traditional pull/follow printing workflow, send jobs to a single queue for release and retrieve when ready.
Accounting, Reporting, and Rules
Administrators can closely monitor printing across the organisation with consolidated fleet reporting and accounting capabilities. An at-a-glance dashboard provides rapid insights into print activity and status. The ability to see top users by departments or usage mode helps administrators take control of costs.
Managing an ever-demanding workforce has plenty of headaches to deal with, and sometimes printer and document security is low on the priority list.
As printers and multifunction printers become smarter and better connected to the systems your business uses, you need a better, low touch way of bringing this under control. You need a simple, yet effective ways to allow only authorised users to access only the systems they have permissions, all the while keeping the user experience simple.
- How do you control and track which users can copy, print, or even scan documents outside of your network?
- How can you step up security without introducing difficult, time consuming steps to log in to your printer and MFP apps?
- How do you ensure sensitive documents aren’t printed to the output tray of your shared printer for other users to view?
- You will want to keep on top of your printing costs by running simple reports across your printers to identify where your users are printing to and where your high usage costs lie.
- Once you understand printer usage, you may want to put print rules in place to ensure your users are following your print guidelines.
- As your business is moving toward a more mobile workforce, you need to make sure they remain productive on the go and can print customer facing documents wherever they are.
- Companies need solutions that are both user and IT friendly. This includes the ability to print from various brands of mobile devices to various brands of printers.
- How do you avoid difficulties in enabling guests, clients or mobile staff to enable print at your office locations?
- How do you effectively manage the printing needs of your workforce with mixed mobile devices across multiple print vendors, ensuring a consistent seamless experience?
Why Choose Xerox?
Our award-winning Cloud-based option offers an effective, light touch solution for IT departments, making set up and management easier than ever before.
Security challenges addressed by:
- Authentication to control secure access to the printer and your networked systems, using a wide range of authentication methods including card ID and mobile device authentication.
- A simplified secure single sign-on (SSO) experience to access your back end systems while avoiding time consuming log in step.
Print Management and Cost Control challenges addressed by:
- Our pull printing feature allows jobs to be printed only when needed, when the user authenticates at the printer, supporting both Xerox and non-Xerox printers alike.
- Our seamless integration with ConnectKey® user screens allow job settings to be changed, deleted or edited before printing &mdasn; saving on costly wasted prints.
Mobility challenges addressed by:
- An award-winning mobile print solution that allows users to readily find and connect to printers with our mobile app. You can view all jobs from your mobile device, unlock the printer and submit direct prints, or even upload jobs for printing at a later stage. Or you can simply e-mail your job to submit your prints.
- Faithfully and accurately convert your Microsoft documents without the concern of loss of image, data or formatting.
The Xerox IT Advantage
- It is easy to set up and use, and because it is hosted in the cloud, all updates and patches are managed by Xerox. This frees up your IT resources, allowing them to concentrate on your core business.
- No more concerns about managing applications for specific mobile devices. Now you have more choices to print where and when you want.
- No need to manage unique drivers for all different print devices in your organisation.
- Low IT footprint, reducing servers and resources to manage them.
Enhanced capability is found with Xerox® VersaLink®, AltaLink® and ConnectKey®-enabled devices. The following Xerox EIP-enabled printers support the Enhanced Mobile Capability.
Multifunction / All-in-One Printers
- AltaLink® B8000 Series
- AltaLink® C8000 Series
- VersaLink® B405
- VersaLink® B605/B615
- VersaLink® B7000 Series
- VersaLink® C405
- VersaLink® C505
- VersaLink® C605
- VersaLink® C7000 Series
- WorkCentre® 3655i
- WorkCentre® 5800i Series
- WorkCentre® 5900i Series
- WorkCentre® 6655i
- WorkCentre® 7200i Series
- WorkCentre® 7800i Series
- WorkCentre® 7970i