Xerox SMARTsend is a complete document capture, conversion and routing solution that simplifies information management by allowing users to quickly, easily and securely share hardcopy information.
- Send documents to multiple destinations in one scan:
- Email addresses
- Microsoft network folder
- Novell Netware folder (version 5.x, 6.x)
- FTP folders
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Web folders
- Web URL
- Document repositories:
- DocuShare 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
- Domino (version 5.x or 6.0)
- Domino.Doc (version 3.1)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2001, 2003, 2007
- Scan into industry standard formats like TIFF, PDF, and JPEG.
- Vary scan file formats by destination. For example, with SMARTsend Pro one scan can send the document as a text-searchable PDF to a repository and as a Microsoft Word document to an e-mail address.
- Direct access to email addresses available via company address-book
- Add indexing information (metadata) to any scanned document for quick search and retrieval in your content management system
- Scan to, or print from, a repository (SMARTsend Pro version) directly from the user interface of an EIP-enabled multifunction device. Repositories can include Xerox DocuShare™, Microsoft SharePoint, and Windows folders
- PaperWare scan cover sheets (SMARTsend Pro version) enable destinations to be modified at the point of scan
- Multiple scan confirmation methods (printed or e-mail)
- Built on Microsoft.Net architecture for seamless integration into your existing network
- IT friendly. Easy for SAs to install and maintain. Leverages network user profiles for security and easy access. There's no need to set up individual users.
- Easy to use. Workflow Wizards provide users with an easy, step-by-step workflow creation capability.
File cabinets full of paper documents can quickly overtake valuable office space. Plus, accessing these documents can be a challenge. When digitally archiving documents is the solution, it must be easy to do and be inexpensive to implement and maintain.
- Meeting regulatory requirements involving paper-based information
- Adding paper-based information into existing electronic content management system
- Reduce high costs of traditional fax and overnight delivery
- Reduce high costs of paper storage and archiving
- Finding documents can be frustrating, time-consuming, and inexact
- Inefficient workflow and collaboration due to slow dissemination of hardcopy and digital information throughout the organization
Xerox SMARTsend software makes sharing documents easier than ever so more information can be accessible to more people. Optimize your network investment and take your business processes into the future with SMARTsend software.
- Save time by defining numerous destinations and file formats in one workflow
- Save on mailing costs by sending documents electronically instead of through the mail
- Create storage space by converting hard copy documents in file cabinets to electronic format
- Faster search and retrieval of documents by adding indexing information (metadata) when you scan them
- More efficient workflow and collaboration because hardcopy and digital documents can be quickly retrieved or sent to a single shared repository of information from any EIP-enabled multifunction device
Why Choose Xerox?
- Industry reports confirm how this innovative Xerox solution can help your office. Show me the report:
- Send documents to multiple destinations in different formats all in the same workflow. Many competitive solutions make you re-send for each destination for format a very time-consuming process.
- Easy to install and maintain with no additional software to load on the user's desktop, unlike some competitors.
- Compatible with the most devices - over 40 Xerox WorkCentre Pro (including color-enabled devices) and Document Centre devices can be used with SMARTsend. The competition's compatibility within their own product line is much more limited.
- Flexible workflow publication options (device workflows with templates and/or PaperWare) that competitors can't match.
- Easier and faster development of custom user interface software than most competitors because the Xerox Extensible Interface Platform is based on web standards
- Scan to Home button, which most competitors don't have, simplifies scanning for walk-up users by automatically sending scans to a pre-defined home destination.
- Xerox-exclusive TrueMatch search and retrieval workflow can retrieve documents that match a document scanned at the device or documents that contain similar information.
- Easier purchase process than the competition because your Xerox representative will handle both your hardware and software needs
- Faster problem solving with one point of contact for hardware and/or software support unlike competitive offerings that have separate contacts for hardware and software support
Xerox award-winning copiers, printers, and multifunction printers include flexible platforms that accommodate a wide variety of software solutions. Software functionality may vary by product model. Contact your local sales representative for detailed compatibility information.
Multifunction / All-in-One Printers
- ColorQube 9201/9202/9203
- ColorQube 9301/9302/9303
- Document Centre 265 ST
- Document Centre 432 Multifunction
- Document Centre 440 Multifunction
- Document Centre 460 ST
- Document Centre 470ST
- Document Centre 480ST
- Document Centre 490ST
- Phaser 3635MFP
- WorkCentre 232/238
- WorkCentre 245/255
- WorkCentre 265/275
- WorkCentre 4150
- WorkCentre 4250
- WorkCentre 4260
- WorkCentre 5222
- WorkCentre 5225/5230
- WorkCentre® 5300 Series
- WorkCentre 5632/5638
- WorkCentre 5645/5655
- WorkCentre 5665/5675/5687
- WorkCentre® 5700 Series
- WorkCentre 5765/5775/5790
- WorkCentre 6400
- WorkCentre 7120/7125
- WorkCentre 7132
- WorkCentre 7232/7242
- WorkCentre 7328/7335/7345/7346
- WorkCentre 7425/7428/7435
- WorkCentre® 7500 Series
- WorkCentre 7655/7665/7675
- WorkCentre M20/M20i
- WorkCentre M24
- WorkCentre M118/M118i
- WorkCentre Pro 32 Colour Multifunction System
- WorkCentre Pro 35
- WorkCentre Pro 40 Colour Multifunction System
- WorkCentre Pro 45
- WorkCentre Pro 55
- WorkCentre Pro 65
- WorkCentre Pro 75
- WorkCentre Pro 90
- WorkCentre Pro 123/128
- WorkCentre Pro 133
- WorkCentre Pro 165/175
- WorkCentre Pro 232/238
- WorkCentre Pro 245/255
- WorkCentre Pro 265/275
- WorkCentre Pro C2128/C2636/C3545
- For best performance, we recommend that SMARTsend software is installed on a dedicated server/computer. The minimum requirements are:
- CPU: 1.0 GHz or faster
- Hard Drive: 750 MB or more free disk space
- RAM: 512 MB or more SMARTsend may also be installed on a shared print or file server with the above minimum available specifications.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 2000 Server or Advanced Server with IIS 5.0 or higher
- Windows 2003 Server with ASP.NET and IIS
- Windows XP Professional Workstation SP2 platform
SMARTsend may also be installed on the above operating systems in conjunction with VM Ware or Microsoft Virtual PC/Virtual Server.
- Client requirements
The SMARTsend client interface is web browser-based and can be accessed through the following supported web browsers:
- Windows Clients:Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 and higher
- Windows/Mac Clients:Netscape Navigator version 7.2 and higher
- Mac OS X v10.2 or later:Mozilla version 1.7 and later, Mozilla FireFox version 1.0.6 and higher
- Linux/UNIX Clients:Mozilla version 1.7 or later, Mozilla FireFox version 1.0.6 and higher