Scan documents to your personal network folder with Scan to PC Desktop®. Your processed document is delivered to your computer or other specified destination, in the desired format, quickly, reliably, conveniently and securely. Designed for offices of all sizes, Scan to PC Desktop Professional provides both document capture and desktop document management.
- Connect your MFP with your mobile device with PaperPort
- Route documents almost anywhere with the push of a button — to e-mail, network repositories, content management systems and even directly to the desktop (Professional version only)
- Automatic conversion to searchable PDF, MS Word and Excel documents with world class Optical Character Recognition word accuracy (Professional version only)
- Easily integrate scanned documents with Enterprise Content Management systems like Microsoft SharePoint or Xerox DocuShare (Professional version only)
- Instantly convert PDF files into documents, forms, and spreadsheets that look just like the original; complete with text, columns, tables, and graphics (Professional version only)
- Quickly, reliably and affordably turn your PC documents, drawings and images into industry-standard PDF files (Professional version only)
- Add Bates Stamping and Page Numbering to all of your PDF files (Professional version only)
- Create secure PDF files for sharing and archiving with password and permission control including redaction to permanently remove sensitive information from documents (Professional version only)
- Transform paper-based business forms into fillable PDF forms and automatically scan and collect data from completed forms (Professional version only)
- Convert text to speech as MP3 files with Nuance® Vocalizer Expressive™
The single greatest challenge today to streamlining document-based processes in the office is the fact that there are three dominant, yet incompatible, document formats — paper, Microsoft Office and PDF. Enabling users to quickly and easily bridge the gap between these document formats is a key enabler to driving productivity in the office.
- Inability to connect your mobile workers and mobile devices to your MFP in a seamless and productive way
- Inaccessibility and vulnerability of business-critical documents that are stored in paper-based file cabinets
- Increased labour costs and lost productivity due to labor-intensive, paper-based workflows
- Disorganisation with digital documents of various file formats that should be together in one PDF document
- Weakened security due to susceptibility PDF documents
- Locked information in PDF files that can't be easily edited or changed
- Lost or inaccurate data due to inaccurate optical character recognition tools
- High costs for overnight couriers and long distance fax charges required to distribute important documents
Nuance and Xerox have developed Xerox Scan to PC Desktop to bridge the gap between your MFP, paper, Microsoft Office, and PDFs.
Why Choose Xerox?
- Route documents anywhere with the push of a button. Scan to PC Desktop makes distributed document capture easy, secure and productive. Replace manual paper processes with efficient document sharing over email, the web and document management systems.
- Easily create and assemble PDF documents. Scan to PC Desktop simplifies things by handling everything your office handles now, plus elements that Microsoft Windows and SharePoint don't handle well — like scanned paper and PDF.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with edited PDF files. Effortlessly edit, annotate, correct typos, add or clean up scanned images, create fillable forms and touch up objects directly within PDF files. Change colors, fonts, or point sizes, copy graphics, charts and text from PDF files and place them in Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
- Convert paper documents and PDF files into documents you can edit. Converted documents look exactly like the original — complete with columns, tables, bullets and graphics.
Xerox award-winning multifunction devices include flexible platforms that accommodate a wide variety of software solutions. Although software functionality may vary by product model, Xerox Scan to PC Desktop is compatible with Xerox multifunction devices that support scanning to a network folder, including:
- AltaLink® B8000 Series
- AltaLink® C8000 Series
- VersaLink® B405
- VersaLink® B605/B615
- VersaLink® B7000 Series
- VersaLink® C405
- VersaLink® C505
- VersaLink® C605
- VersaLink® C7000 Series
- WorkCentre® 3300 Series
- WorkCentre® 3655i
- WorkCentre® 4265
- WorkCentre® 5300 Series
- WorkCentre® 5700 Series
- WorkCentre® 5800i Series
- WorkCentre® 6655i
- WorkCentre® 7200i Series
- WorkCentre® 7800i Series
- WorkCentre® 7970i
- Xerox® Colour C60/C70
- Xerox® D95A/D110/D125
- Xerox® D136
To install and run the desktop components, the target Windows-compatible PC must be equipped with the following:
- 1 GHz Intel Pentium or higher, or equivalent processor. Multi-Core processor recommended for advanced performance
- Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Microsoft Windows 8 with Service Pack 1, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows 10
- Web browser application (Internet Explorer 10 or later, Google Chrome, FireFox or other internet browser.)
- 2 GB memory (4 GB recommended)
- 1.5 GB free hard disk space for application files plus additional 1 GB working space during installation. If the system is not up to date and the installer has to update it, additional disk space may be required, up to 1 GB
- 1024x768 pixel color monitor with 16-bit color or greater video card
- Windows compatible pointing device
- Sound card for reading text aloud
- 2 Megapixel digital camera or higher for digital camera text capture
Buyer's Lab (BLI)
BLI has named Xerox's line of document imaging solutions, including Scan to PC Desktop, their pick> for Document Imaging Solutions Line of the Year for the fourth consecutive year (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017). Buyers Laboratory, Inc. (BLI), an independent evaluator of document imaging products and services, chose Xerox based on the following criteria: