QDirect controls workflow, routes jobs, and manages print destinations across the entire enterprise by consolidating print from data centers, departments, and desktops to a single point and distributing the output to production, workgroup, desktop printers, and other destinations. QDirect is used to manage and manipulate jobs as well as direct workflow. Sample workflow enhancement include color splitting, job naming, conditional processing, chunking (break up a large job into smaller pieces so the printer can handle them), flow control, conditional routing, and transform (integration with MISPrint and IPDSPrint).
- Automate queue management and job routing to local or remote production, midrange, and desktop printers and file servers
- Produce jobs automatically, or release batches by destination or other requirements
- Web interface to view detailed accounting information
- Integrates with third-party document accounting solutions, enabling enterprise-wide chargeback for both distributed and centralized printing
- Distributes jobs evenly across production printers via a Flood Control feature
- Enhances documents with a number of capabilities, including adding bar codes and banner pages
- Reprints jobs without reprocessing at the source
- Shows printer and job status (available from SNMP enabled printers)
- Virtual statuses
- Color splitting
Print centers today face enormous challenges to increase efficiency, quality, and satisfaction with fewer resources.
- Need to automate manual tasks that are tedious, time-consuming, costly and error-prone
- Requirement to control cost and reduce slow turnaround times
- Need a process for on-demand printing
QDirect is loaded with an extended set of capabilities that add to the overall productivity, professionalism, and profitability of your print center.
- Manages print workflow from start to finish for thousands of forms, marketing materials and publications.
- Enhances productivity and enables accountability through reporting
- Supports custom scripting to address your most complex requirements
Why Choose Xerox?
- Allows customers to leverage their investment in existing makeready software to send to additional production print platforms.
- Provide printing systems that are flexible and can enable customers to handle virtually any printing need.
Xerox award-winning copiers, printers, and multifunction printers include flexible platforms that accommodate a wide variety of software solutions. Software functionality may vary by product model. Contact your local sales representative for detailed compatibility information.
Multifunction / All-in-One Printers
- RSA-supplied Sun server
- PC, Mac, or Sun for Java-based queue management
Xerox Top 2014 Business Partners of the Year
Xerox named Rochester Software Associates as its 2014 Production Software Partner of the Year at its annual Business Innovation Partner of the Year awards, recognizing the efforts of leading partners that help Xerox and its customers capture new opportunities and achieve business success.