For best performance, we recommend that PrintSafe be installed on dedicated server-class hardware.
64-bit versions are recommended, but 32-bit versions of the operating systems are supported.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 / Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2 / Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later
Processor: Minimum: Intel CPU at 2.2 GHz; Recommended: Intel Quad Core CPU at 3.0 GHz or Higher
System memory: Minimum: 4 GB RAM; Recommended: 8 GB RAM for typical or 16 GB for large installations
Hard disk: Minimum: 3 GB Free Space or greater; Recommended: 5 GB Free Space + Allocation for Print
SQL Server software
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 is installed by default
- Support for external SQL database
- Windows SQL Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Express / Workgroup / Standard / Enterprise
- Windows SQL Server 2012 Express / Standard / Enterprise
Also required: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, Internet Information Services (IIS)
Card readers and card types
A large variety of industry card readers are supported with Xerox PrintSafe Software. Industry card readers will vary by print device. Check with your local Xerox Sales Representative for details.