Xerox CentreWare MC, a snap-in to Microsoft Management Console (MMC), provides easy printer management by finding printers through network discovery and managing them via a link to the printers' embedded web server.
MMC is a general-purpose management display framework for hosting administration tools. MMC is an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) extensible, common console framework for management applications. MMC is automatically installed with Windows 2000. For Windows NT4, MMC is a separate software application that can be installed from Microsoft's website.
MMC itself does not provide any management behavior, but it provides a common environment for snap-ins, which will be written by both Microsoft and ISVs. Snap-ins provide the actual management behavior. The MMC environment enables seamless integration between snap-ins, even those provided by different vendors.
- Printer Discovery: Xerox CentreWare MC provides the automatic discovery of supported network printers/devices that have an embedded web server.
- Faultless Printer Install: Launch Microsoft's Add printer wizard to install a printer.
- Group Management of Multiple Vendor Devices: Manage Xerox and non-Xerox devices in one common framework.
- Xerox CentreWare MC makes use of the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) as the framework for interface functionality.
- Xerox CentreWare MC has Electronic Help available at all times by simply pressing F1 or clicking the Help button.