Nuance eCopy ShareScan v5.2 is a server-based solution designed to drive an increase in office productivity while decreasing the environmental footprint through automation of paper-intensive processes using Xerox multifunction printers (MFPs). eCopy ShareScan empowers workgroups and enterprises to capture the data in paper documents easily and securely using Xerox Extensible Interface Platform (EIP)-enabled MFPs. Nuance eCopy ShareScan is available in (4) configurations:
- eCopy Elements – Secure, cost-effective scanning to increase worker productivity
- eCopy Office – Scanning and OCR for office workers
- eCopy Suite – Production caliber scanning and OCR at the Xerox MFP
- eCopy ScanStation – Kiosk solution for convenient indexing, accessibility, and strong security applications
- Email and Folder Watching Service enables organizations to automate their most important electronic document-capture workflows and centralize the way those workflows are managed.
- Paper and electronic document capture from virtually any device or application with the Email and Folder Watching Service
- Interactive user interface ensures rapid adoption through its simple, intuitive push-button design.
- Vast array of application connectors provides users dynamic, real-time links to the back-end systems that drive their business.
- Document processing extenders leverage Nuance's industry leading recognition and conversion technologies, delivering greater processing efficiencies, allowing users to do more with their documents when they are scanned.
- File conversion seamlessly integrates scanned files into business processes in editable, industry-standard formats.
- Comprehensive administration console does more than configure connections between your Xerox MFP and business applications. It also allows you to manage, test, deploy, and monitor all of your implementations from a single location, making fleet management a simple, straightforward process.
- Industry-leading security and encryption ensure your documents and information are protected as they move through business workflows inside and outside of your organization's network.
- Extensible architecture ensures that ShareScan can adapt to and evolve with changes to your organization's infrastructure. With an unmatched 3rd party developer network, eCopy ShareScan connects to more applications than any other scanning solution on the market. The easy to use Software Development Kit (SDK) allows customers and developers to create their own custom Connections to homegrown applications.
Today's businesses need to capture, store, and distribute paper-based information among co-workers, suppliers, and customers. However, incorporating paper-based information into digital workflows can prove challenging.
- Difficulty integrating paper-based information into critical back-end business applications and content management systems such as Oracle, SAP and SharePoint
- Paper-based business processes decrease organizational productivity and increase cycle time
- Inaccessibility and vulnerability of business-critical documents that are stored in paper-based file cabinets
- Increased organization costs due to lost or misplaced files and documents
- Increased document costs driven by regulatory compliance requirements such as SOX and HIPAA
- Increased operating costs due to fax, postal, courier, and paper-based document storage and data entry activities
- Inefficient workflow and collaboration due to slow dissemination of hardcopy and digital information throughout the organization
Right from the Xerox MFP, eCopy ShareScan can...
- capture information trapped in paper with OmniPage – the world's most accurate OCR engine – making paper as accessible as digital
- process documents with near perfect precision – boosting the productivity of office workers
- connect directly to business applications – empowering knowledge workers to do more, more efficiently
- automate paper-intensive document workflows – accelerating business processes
Why Choose Xerox?
- The best MFP scanning and OCR solution for processing forms and documents
From forms processing and barcode-based routing to document encryption, job batching, offline processing, and more, eCopy ShareScan delivers production-caliber OCR wrapped in a superior user experience. Offline processing and notification means that you can submit large batches and return to your office before completion.
- Process forms faster
With zonal OCR, you can home-in on precise, pre-defined fields, extract data, and pass it to back-end applications.
- Automatically convert hardcopy originals into accurate, formatted, editable soft copy
Scan, convert, and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, and PDF files – including columns, graphics, and tables. You save time and money, with high accuracy and less reformatting.
- Streamlined archival with flexible ECM options
eCopy ShareScan provides complete integration to content management, network folders, SQL databases, and more. Connect with leading ECMs such as SharePoint, RightFax, EMC Documentum, iManage WorkSite, OpenText DM, or OpenText eDOCS.
- Industry-leading mail and file system integration
Access global and personal address books and browse folders right at the Xerox MFP – no need to go back to your desk to file or route documents. The "Express" mode automates routine email distributions and sent email appears in the user's personal "Sent Items" folder.
- Strong security and seamless active directory integration
ShareScan Suite integrates directly with Active Directory and your system user security credentials so you can require users to enter AD credentials to access the system and connected applications. It also can encrypt documents for greater security over public networks.
Xerox award-winning copiers, printers, and multifunction printers include flexible platforms that accommodate a wide variety of software solutions. Software functionality may vary by product model. Contact your local sales representative for detailed compatibility information.
- ColorQube 8700
- ColorQube 8900
- ColorQube 9201/9202/9203
- ColorQube 9301/9302/9303
- Xerox® VersaLink® C505 Color Multifunction Printer
- WorkCentre 3655
- WorkCentre® 3655i
- WorkCentre 4265
- WorkCentre 5135/5150
- WorkCentre 5222
- WorkCentre 5225/5230
- WorkCentre 5325/5330/5335
- WorkCentre 5632/5638
- WorkCentre 5645/5655
- WorkCentre 5665/5675/5687
- WorkCentre 5735/5740/5745/5755
- WorkCentre 5765/5775/5790
- WorkCentre 5845/5855
- WorkCentre 5865/5875/5890
- WorkCentre® 5865i/5875i/5890i
- WorkCentre 5945/5955
- WorkCentre® 5945i/5955i
- WorkCentre 6400
- WorkCentre 6655
- WorkCentre® 6655i
- WorkCentre 7120/7125
- WorkCentre 7220/7225
- WorkCentre® 7220i/7225i
- WorkCentre 7232/7242
- WorkCentre 7328/7335/7345/7346
- WorkCentre 7425/7428/7435
- WorkCentre 7525/7530/7535/7545/7556
- WorkCentre 7655/7665/7675
- WorkCentre 7755/7765/7775
- WorkCentre 7830/7835/7845/7855
- WorkCentre® 7830i/7835i/7845i/7855i
- WorkCentre 7970
- WorkCentre® 7970i
- WorkCentre Pro 232/238
- WorkCentre Pro 245/255
- WorkCentre Pro 265/275
- Xerox® Color 550/560/570
- Xerox® Color C60/C70
- For ScanStation, the Xerox Color C75 and Xerox Color 550/560/570 with Fiery Integrated or Fiery EX Print Server require the EFI Network Switch option.
- The WorkCentre Pro 232/238, 245/255, and 265/275 are supported with ScanStation only.
- Operating Systems:
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows Vista SP2 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 SP2 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit / 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 R2
- 1 GB physical memory (minimum), 2 GB recommended
- 5 GB disk space (including SQL server and prerequisites)