Xerox Positioned in the 'Leaders' Quadrant in the 2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant for MFPs and Printers
Gartner released the 2012 Magic Quadrant for MFPs and Printers report and Xerox was positioned in the 'Leaders' Quadrant.
Xerox’s global portfolio of Services as well as hardware and software solutions scale worldwide and underscore the breadth of offerings Xerox provides to help clients achieve their business goals. Gartner's evaluation of our service offerings placed us in the Leaders quadrant. MFP customers use Xerox’s managed print services to reduce printing-related costs and simplify IT management. In addition, we believe Xerox's patented solid ink technology is recognized as a key differentiator in today’s print market. Offered both in the office and production environments, Xerox’s solid ink lets customers produce consistent color prints affordably.
Gartner defines a leader as:
We value the insight and evaluation derived from independent, third-party research and view the Gartner Magic Quadrant report as a valuable tool for customers seeking information and direction regarding printers and MFPs.
- the most capable in providing MFPs (including Smart Multifunction Products), printers and the associated printing solutions and services, regardless of customer location;
- providers of the most extensive product portfolio relative to their peers, and the broad channel capability to deliver the products to customers where they want to procure them;
- holders of consistently high market share worldwide and capable of delivering consistent service levels in the regions where Gartner customers are located;
- tending to have the deepest global capability and the inventiveness and resources, skills and vision to deliver superior levels of support to existing and future customers globally;
- possessing a proven track record of channeling R&D initiatives into products and solutions that customers need.
Figure 1. Magic Quadrant for MFPs and Printers Worldwide
This Magic Quadrant graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research note and should be evaluated in the context of the entire report. The Gartner report is available upon request from Xerox.
*The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted October 2012 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the 'Leaders' quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.